Third part of the most popular middle section of the Vltava river.
A relatively short stretch (17 km) can be enriched by a longer stop in Český Krumlov and a tour of the monastery in Zlatá Koruna. You can stay in one place for two nights and make a trip on foot or by bike to Křížová hora in Český Krumlov, or to the distant surroundings of the river - for example, to Kleť mountain.
Canoeing and rafting
There are many weirs, snack bars and restaurants waiting for you (mainly in the center of Český Krumlov) and these checkpoints (mileage calculated from Vyšší Brod):
- 32.8 km: Camp Český Krumlov
- 33.5 km: Weir U Rechlí
- 34.2 km: Weir u Liry
- 35.3 km: Weir Mrázkův mlýn - dangerous
- 35.7 km: Weir U Jelení lávky
- 35.8 km: Castle Český Krumlov
- 36.8 km: former weir U Jatek
- 37.7 km: Camp Krumlov
- 49.1 km: Weir Zlatá Koruna
- 49.6 km: Camp u Kučerů
- 49.6 km: Zlatá Koruna Monastery
- 49.8 km: Camp Koruna
The entire middle section of the Vltava from Vyšší Brod to Boršov is very popular with tourists. The busiest time is the first week in July, which we recommend to avoid.
- Previous section: Along the river - Branná - Nové Spolí
- Following section: Along the river- Zlatá Koruna - Boršov nad Vltavou