Dobříš Chateau offers its visitors a tour of the chateau exposition. There is also a restaurant and accommodation in the castle. Various cultural events are held here throughout the year.
The Chateau of Dobříš belonging to the Colloredo-Mannsfeld family was built in 1745-1765. The original Dobříš Castle was built in the Renaissance style at the end of the 16th century, and in 1630, it was bought by the top royal hunter Bruno Mannsfeld. The present Rococo appearance of the chateau dates back to 1745-1765 when it was reconstructed after an extensive fire. The Colloredo-Mannsfeld family remained in the manor until 1942 when the castle was expropriated by the German Empire. After the war it served as a Writers' Home for 50 years and was returned to the Collorado-Mannsfelds in 1998.
The chateau includes a pearl among Czech gardens, a French park with a fountain and a majestic sculpture "Watering Helios's Horses". An English-style landscaped park with a large Huťský pond is loosely connected to the area. In 1905, Joseph and Yvonne Colloredo-Mannsfeld released, for the first time ever in Europe, the muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus), native to North America, to the nature. A memorial was built at Huťský Pond to commemorate this event.
There is a chateau restaurant with high-quality Czech and international cuisine, a café, and you can also relax right in the castle courtyard. Furthermore, the chateau offers the opportunity to visit the chateau exposition, use the fitness service, rent mountain bikes, and go hiking in the surrounding Brdy Highlands.