Museum documenting the history of the town and the region.
Today, the museum manages over 34,000 items that depict the town's history and surroundings. There are both permanent exhibitions and temporary exhibitions, accompanying events or lectures.
The permanent exhibitions include the Baroque Jesuit Pharmacy, the ceramic model of Český Krumlov and the Historical Picture of the Český Krumlov Region from prehistory to the end of the 19th Century.
The museum is located at the end of Horní Street in a former Jesuit grammar school. The building was built in 1652. In 1773 the Jesuit order was closed down and the building served as a German primary school, then a girls' school and finally as a German town school until 1945. The first museum exhibition was opened in 1952.